Major Labels v. Backbones

Dan Hollis goemon at anime.net
Mon Aug 19 19:38:07 UTC 2002

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Benjamin J. Carrasco wrote:
> place.  In my opinion, the RIAA is not unlike a predator that has
> acquired an insatiable appetite; it needs to be placed on a very short
> leash.  The RIAA is one of the few organizations that have etched out a
> policy that is overtly alienating the very consumers its members need to
> survive.

What I find more interesting is the fact that the RIAA and MPAA have both
been convicted multiple times of price fixing and other illegal
monopolistic practices. Yet almost nobody knows about this. They have
done an excellent job of supressing media reporting on it.

And these same organizations are working closely with specific congressmen
to ram radical new monopoly-protecting legislation through congress...

Thats like congressmen working alongside convicted bank robbers to write
pro-gun laws.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]