Secure Cabinets

Benjamin J. Carrasco carrasco at digitalrealm.net
Mon Aug 19 17:08:54 UTC 2002

Andrew,
> I am looking for a cabinet that I can install in my own server room to
> protect my machines from prying fingers and other illegal access.
This
> cabinet needs to have vault like qualities and not just be some glass
and
> metal thrown together.  Maybe something like two key opening
procedures,
> etc.

I'd suggest looking at Metal-Tech Partners, we've had pretty good
experiences with their products.  You will probably be interested in
their all metal seismic line of cabinets.  There is a pretty wide
assortment of industrial grade steel doors that surpass the strength of
cabinets like Chatsworth.  They also offer dual locking mechanisms that
can consist of a center combination lock, and top and bottom key-based
locks.  We have had them customized in the past to alternate the top and
bottom key-base locks (by default, one key is necessary to open both
locks).  A side from building a makeshift colo in an abandoned missile
silo, it should provide both a comfortable level of physical security.
I can not for the life of me remember what their URL is.

-Ben