Dave Farber comments on Re: Major Labels v. Backbones

Sean M. Doran smd at clock.org
Sat Aug 17 12:49:32 UTC 2002

Hm, why stop with just backbone networks?

Why shouldn't edge networks, corporate networks, and household
networks chip in to uphold civil judgements against infringers?

Surely I should not object if the RIAA insists that I block
access of my small collection of computers to hosts which exist
solely to distribute infringing material?   Surely Dr Farber has
already volunteered to adjust his own border filtering, since it
is no great inconvenience to do so, the case is clear-cut, and
this bad law is still on the books and therefore should continue
to be followed.

	Sean.