Maybe just slightly operational Palladium information

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Aug 16 18:13:02 UTC 2002

OK. This is a bit beyond the charter, but there was a long and
annoying thread on Microsoft Palladium last week and I just read an
interesting article that seems to minimize the FUD I have been seeing.

http://www.counterpane.com/crypto-gram-0208.html

The author is Bruce Schneier, one of the best known crypto and
security experts out there. He is also not a Microsoft fan (or hater)
and that makes him one of the best sources for information on computer
security issues.

Over all, I found the article excellent. It might at least make some
of the silly messages on the subject seem even sillier and point out
the real concerns and possible benefits of Pd.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)