wcg.com dead?

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Aug 15 23:22:53 UTC 2002

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 03:49:19PM -0700, Dan Hollis wrote:

> Are they dead now?
>
> I have been trying to contact them for over two months regarding attacks
> from one of their customers. They dont return any email or phonecalls.
>
> AS7911 is asleep at the wheel now, or on autopilot?

Try wcg.net, I noticed that mail to various things (like noc at wcg.com)
bounces with MS Exchange errors.

Good luck looking for the cluey goodness in the middle. If I may take a
moment to vent, I think one could best describe them as a collection of
remarkably incompetent people who should never be allowed to run an IP
network. I mean come on, their idea of customer filtering is a
prefix-limit. :)

At least they finally managed to password protect the Cricket site with
traffic graphs for all their peer/backbone/customer circuits which someone
I know found by AXFR'ing wcg.net. Maybe Level 3 will fix them, or at least
shut them down. Either way, an improvement for the internet. :)