$400 million network upgrade for the Pentagon

Scott Granados scott at graphidelix.net
Thu Aug 15 02:10:14 UTC 2002

Actually, yes you do block all cell phones and transmissions in these
facilities.  I'm not sure if you have ever been in one but having cell
phone access is simply not a concern.  Neither is much open
comunication.  They are however smaller locked down rooms you would
never lock down the entire pentagon that way.  I read earlier a point
about buffer zones or distance between the building and outside world
and this quite  common.  Many times as well these external areas contain
electronic counter measures.  Classified environments are very different
and have an entirely different set of requirements.