my sig

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Aug 8 15:52:11 UTC 2002

On Wed, 07 Aug 2002 14:02:13 PDT, Al Rowland <alan_r1 at corp.earthlink.net>  said:

> Bu then again with the poliferation of "enhanced E-mail clients" and net
> citizens sending 65K three-paragraphs-of-text E-mails with 50K animated
> GIF sigs and 10Kbackgrounds in HTML (done Yahoo! Mail lately?), maybe

Equally annoying are systems that attach a disclaimer to the mail, not
matter how stupid it is (My favorite is "this mail may contain confidential
or priviledged  information" - sure makes *ME* get warm and fuzzy thinking
about people doing that without PGP or something).

http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers

(Yes, it has operational impact - ever gotten a trouble report via e-mail and
the disclaimer says you're not allowed to forward it to the engineer who
can actually fix the problem? ;)
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer