ticket tracking

Avleen Vig lists-nanog at silverwraith.com
Thu Aug 8 08:22:06 UTC 2002

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Scott Granados wrote:

> While we're talking about change management...
> What are people using for ticket tracking for support issues.  Is it all
> remedy or what do people like to use.
> Feel free to answer off list:).

After trying various different applications from various vendors (free and
non free), I've come to the conclusion that the best product is one you
write yourself.

So I wrote my own :-)
Written in PHP and uses MySQL as a backend. It's fairly scalable abd works
well. I'm not keen on sharing the source code because I want to encourage
others to write it for themselves.
My reasoning is that there are somethign that are good shared, and others
that only serve to stale personal ideas.

Just take your time and write something that suits *your* needs.