routing table size

David G. Andersen dga at lcs.mit.edu
Thu Aug 8 01:10:45 UTC 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 05:32:34PM -0700, k claffy mooed:

> richard; sorry for latency on this one
>
> but might be worth reading andre's:
> 	"Internet expansion, refinement and churn",
> 	http://www.caida.org/outreach/papers/2002/EGR/
> which shows that most prefixes in the table come from
> large providers. among.andre.conclusions (there is
> quite a bit in the paper):

  On a related note, from a paper we're about to submit to
the Internet Measurement Workshop, see:

  http://nms.lcs.mit.edu/~dga/aspathfrac.eps

  for a breakdown of prefix by origin AS.

  It's fairly clear where most of the prefixes come from..
(hi, UUNET).

  -Dave

work: dga at lcs.mit.edu                          me:  dga at pobox.com
      MIT Laboratory for Computer Science           http://www.angio.net/
      I do not accept unsolicited commercial email.  Do not spam me.