Deaggregating for emergency purposes

Omachonu Ogali nanog at missnglnk.com
Tue Aug 6 15:53:35 UTC 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 03:59:50AM -0400, Omachonu Ogali wrote:

> What about announcing and registering with your IRR, more-specific
> routes for the period that the problem ONLY exists, instead of being
> lazy?

Secondly, show me a ISP that updates their filters with IRR
data every 60 seconds. So even if you do pollute the IRRs,
it won't hit filters until the next morning, and during that
period you could have fired off 2390573295827598 e-mails to
3472398473298 of their upstreams (assuming this is a large
misconfigured network).

--
Omachonu Ogali
missnglnk at informationwave.net