Deaggregating for emergency purposes

Phil Rosenthal pr at isprime.com
Mon Aug 5 23:17:43 UTC 2002

I had a problem in the past with Telia announcing sub aggregates from my
space, and even after getting in touch with their American NOC, I was
told "you need to contact our NOC in Europe" When doing that, I had
difficulty finding someone who spoke English -- needless to say, it took
a few hours to get that fixed.  Because I hadn't put more specifics in
the IRR, I had no choice but to just sit and deal with NOC employees who
couldn't care less.

You thing trusting another NOC with *YOUR* uptime is a better idea than
taking control?
--Phil