If you have nothing to hide

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 5 10:02:41 UTC 2002

> From: Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com>

>    "Why is it that companies have sold products that they know are
>    insecure?" asked Richard Clarke, President Bush's chief cybersecurity
>    adviser.

I would have though he might better concern himself with why is
the Government still buying them.

Market forces will ensure the supply of whatever is demanded,
the US federal and state government is presumably the single
largest purchaser in the IT market, yet still seems to be buying
plenty of products with dubious security records.

Government purchasing changes have and could improve security,
where do you think Ctrl-Alt-Delete to login to NT came from, it
wasn't the Microsoft usuability department I'm sure.

Let him who is without sin.....