CIA Warns of Chinese Plans for Cyber-Attacks on U.S.

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Apr 25 23:06:09 UTC 2002

> Rounding up 1 significant figure would reduce their combat effectiveness
> measurably.
>
> The threat to LA is the best available because I don't think they have a
> missle delivery vehicle capable of reaching any East Coast cities.

The Chinese had the shenzhou 2 capsule in orbit for 7 months in 2001...

more recently shenzhou 3 went up with and safely returned nine eggs after
108 orbits...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1948000/1948317.stm

One would suspect that that they're far more interested in launching 12-14
ton commercial payloads with the long-march 2ea, then they are in blowing
up the US.

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but