UUNET instability?

Lionel longword at newsguy.com
Thu Apr 25 20:11:48 UTC 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:04:42 -0400, Richard A Steenbergen
<ras at e-gerbil.net> wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 05:48:11AM +1000, Lionel wrote:
>>
>> Folks, please don't try to connect to that service.
>> Posting it here seems to have Slashdotted it.
>
>Generally something doesn't get "Slashdotted" unless it is fully of poorly
>written dynamic code which should never have been put in production in the
>first place, such as PHP doing 20 mysql queries per page view or something
>else equally stupid and linux kiddie.
>
>A BOFH quote generator, on the other hand, is very very simple. It boggles
>the mind to imagine a server so weak or code so bad that it couldn't
>handle a couple hundred connections from NANOG readers. If that is the
>case, I would strongly suggest you reevaluate the language or method in
>which it was written.

I beg your pardon? Where did you get the idea that I wrote or hosted it?

I was assuming it'd been Slashdotted because it was working fine before
I posted the link, then stopped working shortly afterwards. It's also
entirely possible the somebody at the site got annoyed at all the
requests & put a DENY ALL on it.

  \|/  \|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est