UUNET instability?

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Apr 25 20:04:42 UTC 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 05:48:11AM +1000, Lionel wrote:

> Folks, please don't try to connect to that service.
> Posting it here seems to have Slashdotted it.

Generally something doesn't get "Slashdotted" unless it is fully of poorly
written dynamic code which should never have been put in production in the
first place, such as PHP doing 20 mysql queries per page view or something
else equally stupid and linux kiddie.

A BOFH quote generator, on the other hand, is very very simple. It boggles
the mind to imagine a server so weak or code so bad that it couldn't
handle a couple hundred connections from NANOG readers. If that is the
case, I would strongly suggest you reevaluate the language or method in
which it was written.