The Myth of Five 9's Reliability (fwd)

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Wed Apr 24 20:58:47 UTC 2002

Art Houle wrote:

> How to calculate uptime and get 5 9s
>
> -do not include any outage less than 20 minutes.
> -only include down lines that are actually reported by customers.
> -when possible fix the line and report 'no trouble found'.
> -remember that your company is penalized by the FCC for bad ratings, so
> don't report any problems that you do not have to.

You forgot my favorite :

Every trouble report from a customer must include at least 2 hours on
hold before a ticket is opened.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

--
                                  Regards
                                  Marshall Eubanks

This e-mail may contain confidential and proprietary information of
Multicast Technologies, Inc, subject to Non-Disclosure Agreements

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme at multicasttech.com
http://www.multicasttech.com

Test your network for multicast :
http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/