Favored ISPs for IP VPN

Darrell Kristof darrell.kristof at wholefoods.com
Mon Apr 22 21:15:31 UTC 2002

Hi all!

I wanted to poll the group and get some feedback (off-line if you'd rather
not share with the group) your choices for US (nation-wide players ONLY)
ISPs that do a good job providing IP VPN on their backbone and who you are
most satisfied.  We currently have proposals out to the major carriers and
are evaluating those and wanted to get a smattering of information back from
this group on who you would/wouldn't recommend and why.  Any information you
all can provide, including personal experiences, will be GREATLY
appreciated.

Our proposal consists of providing full T-1 coordinated access with an
Internet connection and a DS-3 service at our core network.  I want to stay
on the providers backbone if at all possible to keep the SLA intact.  This
is for a network of approximately 160+ sites and growing to possibly double
that size in 2-3 years.  We are also entertaining the idea of using two
different providers for redundancy.  This is all going to be managed
in-house with IOS 3DES VPN tunnels.

Thanks in advance for your input.

- Darrell

Darrell Kristof, Network Manager/Team Leader
Whole Foods Market, Corporate Offices
E-Mail: darrell.kristof at wholefoods.com