is your host or dhcp server sending dns dynamic updates for rfc1918?

Eric Germann ekgermann at CCTEC.COM
Fri Apr 19 13:00:42 UTC 2002

If people set up their Win2K networks right, it wouldn't be a problem.
Simply install the MS DNS server, point their clients at that, then all the
updates go there.  And if that DNS server has connectivity to the 'Net at
large, it will resolve all their other requests too by chasing the chain
from the root down.

Best of both worlds, or at least the best you can do in the situation ...

  Eric Germann                                        CCTec
  ekgermann at cctec.com                                 Van Wert OH 45801
  http://www.cctec.com                                Ph:  419 968 2640
                                                      Fax: 603 825 5893

"The fact that there are actually ways of knowing and characterizing the
extent of one’s ignorance, while still remaining ignorant, may ultimately be
more interesting and useful to people than Yarkovsky"

  -- Jon Giorgini of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory