references on non-central authority network protocols

Bruce Williams brucewms at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 16 01:22:56 UTC 2002

How does this route? The TSP ( traveling salesman problem ) model seems
better than geo based models.  Possibly a dynamic public/private key - the
host provides part, the routers adds a wrapper of based on it's public key,
and routes based on a dynamic traveling salesman solution using current
network metrics. Blue Sky!

"Current network metrics" - the gnutella type P2P have a ping problem
keeping this info current enough, this is the heart of the P2P network
problem. They are evolving to the use of dynamic assignment of "super peers"
with other hosts as "leaf nodes" based on bandwidth to lessen this problem.
If anyone wants to email me offlist, I will give a number of references to
really good work in this area.

Bruce Williams
Benchmarks: Engineering wants to see how fast they can get the wheels to
spin on a car.  Operations wants to know how fast the car will go.  These
are different.