Sprint problems?

David M. Ramsey dmr at webserve.net
Sat Apr 13 19:37:22 UTC 2002

Did anyone else out there have routing and/or BGP issues with AS1239
this afternoon (Saturday 13-April, ~11:30 EST - ~15:00 EST) ??

Sprint is one of our upstreams, and for about 3 hours today some remote
users were unable to reach us via our Sprint connection.  We heard
complaints from Road Runner and BellSouth.net DSL users, among others.

Sprint's NOC claims they had no issues, but suddenly it started working
as
I was on the telephone explaining the situation.  Nothing changed on our
side.

It seems to be "over" now, but I'd like some idea of what happened?

Thanks for any help/insight/advice/info,

David Ramsey
CT Communications
Charlotte, NC