genuity - any good?

Roy garlic at garlic.com
Fri Apr 12 23:50:20 UTC 2002

Registering is not "bad", its just not beneficial.  Given that the routes I want
to announce are within my assigned range, why is it a good thing to register
them?  If the transit provider always add entries when I ask for them, it seems
to be very little benefit..

This is the case of transit so I am a customer paying money for a service.  I
started this subthread because I felt others would want to know about this.  I
made the mistake of buying transit service without asking about their BGP
policies.  I was hoping to help by sharing my experience.