NANOG costs

Kevin Day toasty at shell.dragondata.com
Thu Apr 11 04:05:40 UTC 2002

> > we used to joke about needing a passport to go that far north of downtown, but
> > Richmond Hill isn't in China.
>
> But if you like Chinese food, you won't have any problems finding lots
> of it there :-)

I dunno if this is on topic or not, but...

I was just in Toronto a few weeks ago and stayed at this very same hotel
that the next meeting is at.

A few tips:

1) The phones in the hotel room have somewhat free local calls. $1 per call
for up to an hour, $0.10/min past that. There's a little card near the phone
explaining this, but I missed it completely and left my laptop dialed up
overnight to download some files. Two lines per room, with a data port, but
no spare power outlets anywhere, so bring a power strip. :)

2) There's a very small mall/food court attached to this hotel. There's even
a small computer store in it, that had a firewire cable i desperately
needed. Perhaps someone should warn them that a bunch of nerds are coming.
:) The food court is pretty small, but there's an asian restaraunt of some
kind that does sell poutine. (Even the nearby McDonalds sells poutine, but
i'd recommend getting it somewhere else if you haven't yet experienced
poutine at its finest - see earlier in this thread if you have no idea what
I'm talking about)

3) This area has alot of asian shops around... If you're a fan of sushi,
you'll be in heaven.

-- Kevin