[Q] BGP filtering policies

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Tue Apr 9 20:45:52 UTC 2002

I'm listening intently, here.

I have an even smaller block from UUnet (63.107.133.0/24) in what ARIN
declares to be a /20 CIDR block, and I'm having the devil of a time getting
Level3 (my other <provider>) to actually announce this route.  UUnet has
time and again told me that they need do nothing for this to Just Work.

I thought my problem was in getting through to Level3 (via Meer.net) but
maybe this is germane.  I'm frankly at a loss to explain why I don't see my
route with Level3's AS in its path.  I used to know how this stuff worked,
up to a point, back in about 1995, but I'm obviously rusty.