SEC Launches formal Qwest review

Rachel K. Warren rachel at plur.net
Sat Apr 6 13:16:53 UTC 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 07:02:46AM -0500, Eric Germann wrote:

> http://www.msnbc.com/news/734349.asp?0cm=c20
>
> Stocks at 7.26 right now.  Anyone want to guess what bottom will be?

For some reason, this reminds me of when I was walking around with
a date in downtown NYC a few weeks ago, and saw two gentlemen holding
up this sign:

http://www.plur.net/~rachel/enron-qwest/IMG_2799.JPG

(a few others have also seen signs like these -
http://thwip.polyamory.org/thwip/pics/QUEST_1.jpg )

So I ask the two gentlemen why the signs are being put up.  They tell me
that they are employees of an advertising agency that does billboards.
The billboard agency was hired by Company X (the name of the company I
can't remember), because Qwest had not paid what Company X had billed
them.  Therefore, Company X was going to "tell the truth about Qwest."

How true this story that the gentlemen told me, I'm not sure.  But this
was what I was told.

Rachel

--
I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as
they are looking for the experience of being alive. - Joseph Campbell