Qwest Support

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Fri Apr 5 19:28:13 UTC 2002

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Chris Woodfield wrote:

> I think the main point here isn't the fact that the poster's routing was, in fact,
> not set up properly; it was the fact that he was unable to get a live body at Qwest
> to check it out.

Interestingly enough, there was indeed a problem. I'm not satisfied with
the answer; it doesn't really make any sense. Not that I'm too concerned
about knowing what actually happened, but hopefully somebody can suggest a
possible explanation.

I got a call this morning from my install manager (who is very nice...I
like Christina) who told me that for some reason, when she came in this
morning, and found my voice mail, she looked and their router wasn't
getting our routes. Which seems really weird, because they were in plenty
of views on the oregon route server...and our traffic graphs show plenty
of ingress traffic since the turnup.

So anyway, I checked nitrous. And yes, my Qwest routes are there now...so
it looks like I did have a legit beef after all. Once qwest's router
started seeing my routes (or whatever got fixed), my ingress UUnet traffic
dropped to nil, just like I wanted...

Strangeness, but probably related to global router configs that needed to
be auto-updated I'm guessing...

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access