de-peering and peering

Kris Foster Kris.Foster at telus.com
Thu Apr 4 19:59:49 UTC 2002

> Let us say Network A has a peering Agreement with Network B.
> Now let us
> say Network X wants to reach Network B. X and B do not have a peering
> agreement. Can Network A use the peering Link between A nd B to route
> the traffic of network X.

If there is an agreement in place (ie. A and B exchanging customer prefixes
and X is a customer of A).

> What are the mechanisms in place in B's network to detect
> that Network A
> is transiting the data( in this case network B looser) from Network X?

You should be able to filter.  RADB is one solution that may make it more
manageable.  But if your not filtering it will still require a transit
provider to get  the traffic back to X (think asymmetry).

Kris