gtld-servers returning multiple A records for a NS?

Allan Liska allan at allan.org
Thu Apr 4 12:02:33 UTC 2002

Hello,

Thursday, April 04, 2002, 3:26:18 AM, you wrote:

wen> Worth is that about 4-6 months ago I started seeing multiple dns servers
wen> registered for the same ip address. Plus to that neither .biz nor .info
wen> dns servers are even showing on the internic root.

Yea, apparently in January Verisign changed their long standing policy of
allowing only one name server to be registered per IP Address.  To
confuse matters even more, I don't think all of the registrars support
this, and I have not seen anything official from ICANN (not that
anyone cares what ICANN thinks).

allan
--
allan