The Gorgon's Knot. Was: Re: Verio Peering Question

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at gitoyen.net
Sun Sep 30 12:18:53 UTC 2001

On Friday 28 September 2001, at 15 h 33,
Michael Whisenant <mwhisen at foreigner.whisenant.net> wrote:

> Got a question, so a 7513MX2/8 fairly new model within Cisco still ONLY
> supports 256MB of Ram. So lets track the trends and try to predict when Cisco
> will force everyone into a new BGP master router?
> Continue  with uncontrolled growth to the Internet routing table and you will
> soon be replacing it with something bigger

This is a problem only for people using Ciscos. (Maximum 256 Mb of RAM on a
modern machine, not a washing machine, but an INTERNET ROUTER, I must be
dreaming...)

Like with Microsoft's broken software I seriously object harassing everybody
just because Cisco is not able to do better.