Ticketing System (was Re: The backbone that sucks least?)

matthew zeier matthew at velvet.org
Sat Sep 29 18:41:54 UTC 2001

> > Keystone is, unfortunatly, indisputably dead at the moment.  White
> > Pajama Software bought it from Stonekeep, and promptedly turfed it in
> > favor of their homegrown software.  The source is "available", but it
> > was never released under any kind of OSS license, so you're stuck with
> > the last "official" release (which, while usable, still had tons of
> > bugs and usability issues), and there's no active development going
> > on right now.

For a while I tried WP's system.  It was nice but buggy as all heck.  And
slow too.  They supposedly would only support T1s - any problem I had was
attributed to either my dialup or my cable modem.  And when I requested SSL,
performance went straight down.

> I've seen nothing I like better, warts and all.

I switched to using RT - www.fsck.com - which is actually an extremely good
system.

- mz