The Gorgon's Knot. Was: Re: Verio Peering Question

Bob K melange at yip.org
Fri Sep 28 19:44:00 UTC 2001

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Friday 28 September 2001, at 18 h 17,
> "Joseph T. Klein" <jtk at titania.net> wrote:
>
> > would have problems given larger route tables. We all don't have routers
> > that can easily chew through a 100,000+ line BGP table.
>
> I believe it is a legend. Unless you use Cisco 25xx to have a full BGP feed.
>
> Any Taiwan-made PC can swallow much more. The limit is not clear but is
> certainly far away from us.

I'm pretty sure the limitations are dependant on how much memory one has
in one's routers as opposed to the type of router used.  (ie, a 75xx would
run into problems if it has 128MB of RAM but not if it has 256MB given a
100k+ line BGP table)

(But *please* correct me if I'm wrong)

--
Bob <melange at yip.org> | We're all wrong.