Verio Peering Question

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Fri Sep 28 19:42:26 UTC 2001

--On Friday, 28 September, 2001 9:57 AM -0700 "Majdi S. Abbas"
<msa at samurai.sfo.dead-dog.com> wrote:

> Actually, it seems to me that your argument is that ARIN/RIPE/APNIC
> policy prevents people from multihoming.

As per a discussion on this list a month or two ago, the root
cause of the 'difficult judgments' is, IMHO, that multihoming
relies on extension of the global L3 routing table. It need not
do so for every application, subject to some intelligence being
applied to protocols and networks.

> Blaming Verio for the RIR's allocation policy simply does
> not make sense.

So s/RIR/IETF/ :-)

--
Alex Bligh