Verio Peering Question

Chris Parker cparker at starnetusa.net
Fri Sep 28 17:06:14 UTC 2001

At 09:57 AM 9/28/2001 -0700, Majdi S. Abbas wrote:

>         If the regional registry's policy is the problem, fix that policy,
>and I think that you'd find Verio's filters would also change.  Randy has
>stated on more than one occaision (back when he worked for Verio) that he
>would listen to loose /24's within the proper ranges if the registrys
>would develop a workable microallocation policy.

And just recently seen on the ARIN-ANNOUNCE list:

>   Proposal:  Establish a micro-assignment policy that would allow
>              entities, using multihoming as justification, to obtain
>              an assignment from ARIN longer than the current minimum
>              assignment size of a /20.
>

>This policy proposal discussion will take place on the public policy
>mailing list (ppml at arin.net).  Subscription information is available
>at http://www.arin.net/members/mailing.htm

Perhaps this discussion should move to that arena, as it seems that
even Verio will bend their filters to fit the RIR policies.

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker    -    Manager, Development Engineering
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   cparker at starnetusa.net
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.starnetwx.net \      (847) 963-0116
                   \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'