Verio Peering Question

Craig Pierantozzi tozz at user1.bind.com
Fri Sep 28 01:23:49 UTC 2001

* Thus spake Patrick W. Gilmore (patrick at ianai.net):

[snip]

> Oh, one other point - Verio accepts smaller announcements from their
> customers - and propagates them.  I guess Verio agrees that other people
> can run networks with all the extra announcements, even if Verio themselves
> cannot.

The rationale stated in past threads is that Verio's customers pay for this
service.  Non-customers are not paying Verio for anything therefore they do
not choose to accept the more specific announcements from other providers.

Other providers have not taken this stance as shown by the list of those
that accept more specifics from peers.

cheers
-cp