GPS SA and Network Timing

E.B. Dreger eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Thu Sep 27 13:59:37 UTC 2001

> Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:39:37 -0400 (EDT)
> From: David Lesher <wb8foz at nrk.com>
>
> GPS is nothing but timing.
>
> I'm not quite sure how you'd change "position" without timing.
> Position is a function of time measurments...and a bunchamath.

Of course, the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle states (among
other things) that "the more precisely position is determined,
the less precisely the momentum is known".  As long as we're
getting technical, shall we add quantum mechanics to the
discussion? ;-)

(I suppose that GPS breaks down as we approach the speed of
light...)

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 (316) 794-8922 Wichita/(Inter)national
Phone: +1 (785) 865-5885 Lawrence