What's really going on in Lower Manhattan

Mike Moglin mike at jungle.net
Thu Sep 27 11:38:16 UTC 2001

Ok I'm a totally confused person right about now, my company has several circuits that we are being told by Verizon have been declared non repairable and that we need to order new, but on the same note they are carrying on about having restored service to most customers? Do they consider telling people to order new circuits as repaired??

Secondly we carry 2 DSL connections one with AT&T and one with UUNET, both of them claim that Covad is the problem, yet Covad right on their web site is boasting that service to NYC has been restored.  When confronted they say "It's a Verizon issue".

Does anyone know what is really going on?