multiple b0rkenness?

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Sep 26 21:41:06 UTC 2001

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 02:34:22PM -0700, John Payne wrote:
> The silence is deafening... multiple provider brokenness, (I'm
> seeing problems on abovenet and XO and have heard of problems on
> at least 3 other big providers) and no Donelan special report,
> or anyone asking if $provider is having trouble?
>
> Or is the mailing list broken?

I can confirm multiple fiber cuts.  I know of major cuts in Michigan
and Atlanta at this time, and have reports of two other minor fiber
cuts in Dallas and New Jersey.  They do all appear to be accidental,
so don't jump to conclusions. :-)

It's definately causing issues for a few providers.

Leo Bicknell - bicknell at ufp.org
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440