Zebra users?

mike harrison meuon at highertech.net
Tue Sep 25 12:02:23 UTC 2001

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Timothy R. McKee wrote:

> A friend has asked me to find out if anyone on Nanog is using Zebra (a gated
> replacement) and, if so, to ask for their assessment of the program.

I've been using it for a couple of years. If you don't mind playing with
a bleeding edge with minimal end user support (but lots of heavy duty code
tuning going on) and some quirks that are quickly being ironed out, it's a
heck of a good thing. I cut myself on it occaisionally, but more out of my
ignorance than because it has problems. I've used it on Alpha's and Intel
Boxen running Linux and oddball hardware including LMC's DS3 Cards.
I currently have a problem with my last kernel compile not getting route
updates properly, but I think I unchecked the 'make it work' switch.
It has a very active, intelligent and dedicated development team. I am
anxious for version 1.0  :)