Checking visitors entering your facility

Leigh Anne Chisholm lachisho at tnc.com
Fri Sep 21 00:53:25 UTC 2001

Deeann, you don't need to let cleaning staff into your NOC for a threat to
exist.  Access to a filing cabinet, storage closet for cleaning supplies, or
even the underside of a desk is all a terrorist needs to leave something
undesirable enough that you'll be enacting your disaster recovery plan from
a remote location.

As for off-site shredders - our Provincial government used a contracted
company to shred high school achievement examinations.  An employee of the
shredding company "liberated" a couple of exams and sold them to students.
If something is important enough that it should be shredded, do it
onsite--do it right.

  -- Leigh Anne