Trend Micro FIX_NIMDA.EXE - was Re: Virus fix

Eric Germann ekgermann at cctec.com
Thu Sep 20 11:52:51 UTC 2001

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-nanog at merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog at merit.edu]On Behalf Of
Indra PRAMANA
  Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 11:56 PM
  To: Andras Bellak
  Cc: Steve Smith; nanog at nanog.org
  Subject: RE: Trend Micro FIX_NIMDA.EXE - was Re: Virus fix

  Andras,

  At 07:46 PM 9/19/01 -0700, Andras Bellak wrote:

    Norton released a definition file yesterday that cleaned everything but
the .eml files and made the systems resistant to re-infection. They released
an update today that got the .eml files as well.

  Yes, but this requires us to install the antivirus software as well. Do
you know any tools like FIX_NIMDA.EXE that can fix the problem automatically
without having to use the antivirus software?

    I still haven't seen anything that cleans up the htm, html, asp, etc
files, but there are a few utilities that work fine for doing that one.

  What are the utilities? Where can I get them?

  Norton Antivirus will clean most of the htm, html, asp, etc files.
http://www.symantec.com

  Thank you for your help.

  Cheers.