Online DB of IPs for Nimda worm infected machines

Bill Larson blarson at compu.net
Wed Sep 19 00:21:26 UTC 2001

That is a handy feature however, you should also see your local users
scanning your own ip block as well. So a simple check of your web server log
directly will isolate the infected user complete with time stamps. The
following utility will do it for you if you want to check for just your
local ip blocks you would use:

#!/usr/bin/perl
open (HTFILE, "/path/to/your/logs/access_log");
until (eof (HTFILE))
{
$line  =<HTFILE>;
        chop ($line);
  if ($line =~ /.*\/winnt\/system32\/.*/) {
    if ($line =~ /.*yourdomain.com.*/) {
      print "$line\n";
    }
  }