Embargos and proscriptions

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Tue Sep 18 21:26:07 UTC 2001

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 11:14:52AM -0700, Roeland Meyer wrote:
> limit its risk of legal liability. MHSC is no longer in this business (see:
> http://www.mhsc.net/services.htm).

Offtopic, but from http://www.mhsc.net/services.htm:

Domain Name Resolution Services (DNS)

All of our DNS is being run from root-service. net, whose web-site is still
being built. There are no publicly available resolvers yet. We are working
on that. There are 3 zone servers, but they are only authoritative for MHSC
owned zones, at the moment.

Question... if you're building a DNS infrastructure which you imply will
be available as a service, why have you put all 3 nameservers behind the
same DSL when you have had major DSL outages in the past?

Also, the NS records in the zone file for root-service.net don't match
the records in the gTLD servers, and you only have 2 NS records in the
zone.  Not that this is a problem, it just looks odd.