Worm probes

Smith, Rick rsmith at atsworld.com
Tue Sep 18 14:40:23 UTC 2001

For the past 2 weeks or so, we were averaging 1,200 probes per hour.

As of 8 or so this morning, we started averaging > 25,000 per hour!

I've noticed that at the same time, we started getting probes from our
provider's space (uniquely 23 addresses there), but not our own.  Until this
morning, we had *0* probes from inside our provider's space.

Maybe this is the next round kicking off, looking for things to infect
locally before searching the world again.

Rick

P.S. - Right now:  (looks like it will be a bit over 25k this hour :)

[root /usr/local/bin]# checkcodered.bash
Code Red Log Checker
Beginning Time:
10:00:00
Ending Time: