Yahoogroups and Carnivore

Benny Fischer benny at infinet-is.com
Mon Sep 17 21:46:18 UTC 2001

After reading this FAQ I have a couple questions.

-If the box is running in eth promiscuous mode and using monitor mode
splitters how could it slow down any traffic.. it simply passes by the port
and is recreated?

-In the FAQ they claim there is no IP stack .. so how can it have ip based
filters to let in traffic .. or is this all done with custom software?

-I have not been asked ( yet ) to put one in place, can someone give a very
brief time line of events and where they were asked to put it on their
network?

-I know this is redundant, but why even do it when PGP and SSH are so
readily available?

thanks for any input

Benny Fischer
Chief Technical Officer