On Internet and social responsibility

Andy Walden andy at tigerteam.net
Sat Sep 15 22:02:28 UTC 2001

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, David Schwartz wrote:

> I think you misunderstand what free speech is and means. Freedom of speech
> means the right to express those ideas you wish using that which is yours to
> use. It does not include the right to commandeer other people's presses.

Common misconception that Freedom of Speech has anything to do
with you or me and what we tell each other. Actually Freedom of Speech
means freedom from governement censorship, and has nothing do with with
U.S. Citizen to Citizen communications.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the Government for a redress of grievances.