slowing down every 60 seconds due to BGP scaner

Marshall Eubanks tme at 21rst-century.com
Sat Sep 15 20:09:51 UTC 2001

"Robert E. Seastrom" wrote:

> Marshall Eubanks <tme at multicasttech.com> writes:
>
> > IOS (tm) 7200 Software (C7200-IK8S-M), Version 12.2(2)T1,  RELEASE SOFTWARE
> > (fc2)

> > BOOTFLASH: 7200 Software (C7200-BOOT-M), Version 11.1(19)CC1, EARLY
> > DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
>
> Consider updating your bootflash to be somewhere near currrent
> (something from 12.2T would be good, identical to the current version
> your're running is best).  I've tracked down a couple of particularly
> weird problems that turned out to be triggered by cruft that was
> inherited from the initial bootflash image.  Now upgrading the
> bootflash is the first thing I do.
>
> Presuming you aren't running low on memory (show mem sum) or trying to
> push a ton of packets through it, I'd say this is likely a
> cutting-edge-code problem, not a platform problem, and a hardware
> upgrade might not do anything to help you.  I don't know anyone who
> is (admits to?)  using 12.2* in production.  You say you need MSDP and
> SSM stuff that's only in this version; I don't know about
> source-specific multicast, but MSDP is supported in 12.0S...
>
>                                         ---Rob

Thanks for the advice - we will try the bootflash upgrade and report back.

--
                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme at multicasttech.com
http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
 Check the status of multicast in real time :
 http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html