More CNN reports... [OT]

Dean Robb Dean at PC-Easy-va.com
Sat Sep 15 03:52:40 UTC 2001

At 09:51 PM 9/13/2001, you wrote:
><http://www.io.com/~flashlk/quizofweek.htm> says:
>
>Question 1: "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant, and
>fill him with a terrible resolve." Who said that and in what circumstance?
>(Difficulty 6).
>Answer 1: Japanese Admiral Yamamoto Isoroku, commenting on the aftermath
>of the attack on Pearl Harbor (1941). Probably no truer words were ever
>spoken. The sneak attack that decimated the Pacific Fleet also unified the
>American people like no other single event in its history. From that point
>forward, the fascist powers were doomed.
>Source: Pearl Harbor, a Life Magazine Collector's Edition

Maybe he said it and was quoted for the movie?  A rare case of a
screenwriter being historically accurate?  Since Yamamoto ain't around to
ask, it's really moot - I was simply trying to make a point that terrorists
have made a severe strategic error.

BTW:  Sen. Biden used that quote today...

'Nuff said - let's try to be operational :)

Dean Robb
www.PC-Easy-va.com
On-site computer services
Member, ICANN At Large