Lack of Security

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Sat Sep 15 03:59:24 UTC 2001

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 10:16:55AM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:
> Between SJC, SFO, OAK, Las Vegas, Reno, SLC, O'Hare, Boston, Hartford, and
> Kansas City, the *only* airport designed at all rationally to separate the
> final gate travellers from those accompanying but not flying, and provide
> everything else reasonably, was Kansas City.

Hmm.  BOS I've travelled in and out of regularly the last year or so.
In Terminal E, out Terminal B.

Terminal E (International) has places for people to eat/drink and sit
outside the security checkpoints on the departure level (there are more
options inside the checkpoints, granted).  Waiting for arrivals could
do with some more space, but its only a short escalator ride from the
departure level, and the baggage claim area is sealed off from the public
(as it should be IMHO).  People seem to cope ok.

Terminal B also has food and drink concessions outside the checkpoint,
again... not so many choices as behind the checkpoints, and the Admiral's
Club is on the secure side.

John Payne      http://sackheads.org/jpayne/    john at sackheads.org
http://sackheads.org/uce/                     Fax: +44 870 0547954
        To send me mail, use the address in the From: header