slowing down every 60 seconds due to BGP scaner

Marshall Eubanks tme at 21rst-century.com
Fri Sep 14 21:15:19 UTC 2001

"Robert E. Seastrom" wrote:

> "David McGaugh" <david_mcgaugh at eli.net> writes:
>
> > We've brought this concern up to Cisco before and they assured us that
> > everything is performing normally. You will see this when performing
> > router to router pings as well however, we have been told that packet
> > forwarding does not suffer. ICMP replies from the router (not through
> > the router) are given a very low CPU priority.
>
> Seconded.  Ping response times or lack of ping response from routers
> signifies *nothing*.  Ditto for traceroutes, &c.  Ping *through* the
> router, not *to* the router.
>
>                                         ---Rob

We do streaming, and this causes a freeze up both in and out bound.
In bound there seem to be losses. Outbound all is buffered and nothing is
lost.

--
                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme at multicasttech.com
http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
 Check the status of multicast in real time :
 http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html