Anyone use Cisco Policy Routing?

clarke nclarke at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 14 20:09:20 UTC 2001

This does not sound like a problem with IOS, but more like a problem with
the configuration. Packets matching in your access
list will go to the designated next hop. Those failing to match will not be
discarded. These packets will take the course of the routing table.

Where are you trying to apply the route map? The interface or the routing
protocol? For what you're doing, you should apply the Route Map to an
incoming interface.

Try another matching statement with a lower precedence under your Policy.

Ex:

route-map Stephen_Policy permit 10
match ip address access_list_A
set ip next hop A.A.A.A