slowing down every 60 seconds due to BGP scaner

Marshall Eubanks tme at 21rst-century.com
Fri Sep 14 19:29:58 UTC 2001

tang bing wrote:

> Hi,
> I found all of my backbone routers slow down every 60
> seconds , it will last 5 seconds .
> While this happens , the CPU may get more than 70%
> utilization and BGP scaner is the process that chewing
> the CPU (50%) .
> Customer with video stream noticed that .
> Cisco said it's normal .Any idea ?
> Thanks you !
>
> Ben

We see this every 67.5 seconds on average; utilization goes to about 99.9%.
Oddly, it seems to have started this summer. Were are currently running Version 12.2(2)T1.

--
                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme at multicasttech.com
http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
 Check the status of multicast in real time :
 http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html